Friday, January 6, 2012
2012-A Year of Learning
Well...I have only one submission on this blog and no followers and basically this is a journal until someone comments. I am fine with that. I wanted to first explan why I have selected "Organic Cougar" as my blog name. First it is not some crazy thing. I am working on a Campaign for funding the WSU Organic and Sustainable Agriculture programs. Thus, I chose Organic and then in case you didn't know WSU's mascot is a Cougar. "Organic Cougar." Basically, I would like to document our campaign and my learning about family, food and farming throughout this process. I attended a training this week and was turned on to a couple of books to better understand food and farming. I will report. In addition I went and toured a farm in Oregon with one of our WSU Scientists. First, it made me want to be healthier, and really made me want to connect my kids and husband to my work. I want them to be exposed and inspired by truly connecting to the earth and the people who make a difference living upon it. The farming operation in Oregon is owned by a couple who graduated from WSU! Let's just say I am AMAZED by their philosophy, farm, business and ....until next time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Melissa, it's fantastic that you are doing this!
ReplyDelete